Please, if there is any hope write me about. I don't know what to do. I am sad, as mother can be. My little girl is not well. Her doctor says that she might have ALS. He is no certain about this, but he suspects it. Can ALS be prevented if initial symptoms are recognized?

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a progressive, fatal disease. That means that if someone gets it, there is no way to cure it. If initial symptoms are recognized you can delay progress of disease or slow them. The most important thing is that you are completely involved with all kinds therapeutics and medical care personal.

Hello there lucilia,

I am so sorry to hear that your doctor is suspecting that your daughter might be suffering from this serious condition called ALS. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to cure this condition because it is unknown what is causing it and there is still no cure for it. There are some kinds of therapies which can help in delaying the outcome of this condition which is unfortunately fatal.

If your doctor still only suspects I really hope that the tests are going to show that he was mistaken and that your little girl is going to be fine. But in case that he is right try to be strong and enjoy in time you have with your daughter.

While many people will tell you there is nothing to be done about als, the truth is that it is completely preventable and solvable.

The neurodegeneration known as als is just a health problem, and like so many other health problems, is caused by factors and patterns in a person's life coming together in a certain way so as to cause it.

The factors can range from exposure to pesticides to emotional stress.

Preventing and solving als involves identifying the factors and patterns that underlie the creation of the problem and changing what is going on so that the person's nerves become healthier and stay healthy.

While it takes work, it is totally doable.

For some resources on how to to this, see my work along with that of Steven Shackel, Evy McDonald, Gabor Mate, Craig Oster and Dean Ornish, among others.