My mother has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Parkinsonism dementia complex. She is now in hospital and I am expecting her to come home. She will live in my house with my family and I want to know what kind of disorders she has and what kind of care she needs. This information is important because I have two small children.

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Parkinsonism dementia complex is neurodegenerative disorder. Both amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and Parkinsonism dementia are chronic, progressive and fatal disorders. You can expect person with no ability to take care of her self. She will need all help she can get. Maybe you should talk with your family before she arrives.

Hello there caroljean,

First of all I am so sorry that your mother has been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Parkinsonism dementia complex. This is very serious condition and unfortunately there is no cure for it. Since she is hospitalized you should go to her doctor and get all the information you can. I am sure that he will suggest you the best way to deal with her condition and I presume, since you have two small children, that you will need some additional help. Maybe someone else in your family can help you or if not maybe you will need to hire a nurse.

Anyhow, I wish you good luck with all that will come to you.