I was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. I am still in early stages of disease. I have no possibility to ask my doctor now, so, I must ask you. I am interested in any kind therapy for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. I am still afraid, but I want to fight. If anyone has knowledge about this subject, please write me. Thanks in advance.

I know what you are talking about. I had the same story myself couple years ago. I was lucky because my general practitioner is very intelligent and fine lady. She helps me a lot. Basic thing that you need is to find the person doctor/therapeutics, which will guide you through the disease and will help you. Therapy is almost like for other diseases. You will have electro stimulation, medicines, physical support, massages etc.

fidela1342 wrote:

A Massage Therapist who get's a chance to work with ALS patients should do so as a part of a health care team, working primarily for comfort and pain relief.

MODALITY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR AMYOTROPHIC LATERAL SCLEROSIS
(A Massage Therapist's Guid to Pathology fourth edition Ruth Werner ( The point Wolters kluwer/lippincott williams & Wilkins

Deep Tissue Massage: Supportive, with health care team. work with client comfort.

Lymphatic Drainage: Supportive

Polarity: S: Indicated R/D: Indicated, determined by comfort of client

Reflexology: Indicated; work solar plexus and head points.

Shiatsu: Supportive: Treat LV, GB, ST, and BL meridians and extenstions. Use passive stretchs.

Swedish Massage: Indicated, with caution for other complications. Can help with pain relief.

Trigger Point Therapy: Supportive with light work

These are a few things I am a massage therapist and live in Indiana and I did a project on ALS. I can only imagin what you are going through. If I can be of any help. Please call me @ 219-384-3489