Hi Everyone,

I figured I would post an introduction because often it is nice to know a little about the person that you are talking to. Contrary to the e-mail for member of the month, I am a female.

I joined Steady Health a few months ago when I was looking for support on an ongoing recently diagnosed condition. Eventually I had found that my knowledge of certain subjects that I had researched extensively during my ordeal could help other people.

This ordeal that I speak of, that brought me here, was that I was raped in August of 2007. From that rape I contracted genital herpes and was traumatized. My entire life fell apart. I had no support and was completely alone, so I began to turn to the internet for a helping hand during this horrible time. I realized from research that 25% of the population has herpes and 90% of the population doesn't know they have it. So this is a very prominent disease and most people over look it in testing. It is also unfortunate because you can catch herpes while using a condom, which happened to me. I wanted in some small way to spread my knowledge of STD's (STI's) which I have researched and asked many doctors and to hopefully dismiss some of the stigma associated with these infections. They are viruses, nothing more nothing less, and they are not always associated with sleeping around.

Other than that I am a successful college soon-to-be graduate and I am heading to graduate school for my PhD in the fall. I enjoy being of as much help as possible to everyone and I look forward to meeting and talking with new people all the time.

Thank you for your time. Hope 2008 is a healthy new year for you all!

Hello!

My name is Mia and I've been a member of SteadyHealth forum for more than 2 years but I wasn't active several months and when I returned couple of days ago I must say I was surprised with all the new stuff here!

I think this Introduction forum is a great idea since we can all get to know each other better and perhaps give some suggestions to creators of the forum to make SteadyHealth even better!

I first came to SteadyHealth because I wanted to correct my breast size and I was reading stories from other women and while I was reading their stories I realized that I'm happy the way I am and I decided not to have surgery after all! It was a good thing to do, I never regretted it!

Meanwhile, I started to read other posts in different forums and replied to all that I knew the answer. I was touched by many stories and even if I couldn't help those people I just encouraged them to be strong and realized that's important to know that someone out there is sympathizing with you...

Anyway, I'm glad to be here again and I hope others will follow our example and decide to introduce themselves!

I wish you all a good and healthy Year!

Mia

Health Advisor
Hi Charming_shrew,

I'm glad you decided to be a part of this great team and give your best! Hope to see you around!

Heidi!

Health Advisor
Hi Mia!

I think we joined at about the same time! I'm glad you decided to join us again! I'll be seeing you!

Heidi

I'm jojay. I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of this. i hope that i can learn more and share my ideas and thoughts aswell.

Hi jojay, nice to have you on board. Enjoy your stay here on SteadyHealth and know that we all can help each other. :D

HI Jojay and welcome from me too. :-)
I hope that you will be able to find and to share informations here on SteadyHealth.

ohai there :]

Hi Kaiten and welcome to SteadyHealth.
I hope that you will enjoy here and that you will find what you are seeking fore. And also to help others find a solution to their problems.
Are you maybe a medical expert?