Cymbalta is a new antidepressant manufactured by Eli Lilly and Company, which was something my friend told me. I have heard what happens when one suicide of a 19 year-old. She was in perfect health, no mental disorder, hanging herself at the Eli Lilly complex, after taking Cymbalta. This was approved when pressure is being put on all of the pharmaceutical firs to fully disclose their clinical trials. This made me so interested to know more about Cymbalta.

Cymbalta is a brand name for one drug called duloxetine. It’s in a class of drugs known as dual uptake inhibitors. The way a neurotransmitter works is, it is passed along from one of the nerve to another. A bit of it is sent out at a time from one nerve to the next in line. After a bit is sent out and received by the next nerve, any of the neurotransmitter remaining between the nerves is taken back by the first nerve. This process is called and known as reuptake. A reuptake inhibitor prevents this reuptake process from occurring. This means that, when Cymbalta is active, certain neurotransmitters are transmitted in steady streams from one nerve ending to the next. This happens instead of being sent in bits periodically, which they normally are. The neurotransmitters affected by this Cymbalta are known as serotonin and norepinephrine. And now we can explain what dual uptake inhibitor means: it simply means a drug that affects the reuptake of two neurotransmitters instead of the one.