Hello! It is the fifth day in the raw that I woke up and had an anxiety attack. I overwhelmingly worry and have a constant fear. I know that fear is not real because other people don’t have it, but I can’t escape it. When it strikes me, I can’t breathe and think normally. What should I do?

I know what you’re going trough. My husband was diagnosed with anxiety. A year ago, he had anxiety attacks three days in the raw. It was so difficult, I can only imagine what it like is to have them for five days! The feelings that surround you are not real and, if someone is talking to you, you don’t hear a word he said. You’re sensitive to light and sound, and only thing you wish for is to run away and disappear. Anxiety affects 20 million Americans. Fortunately, it can be treated. You can use many medicines such as zoloft, alprazolam, diazepam or clonazepam. My husband used zoloft and it really helped him, but you should ask your doctor what is best for you.