Hey everyone.

Maybe you don’t know, but I have this older cat for a couple of years now. It was my grandmother’s cat and after she died, I took her. Since that day I am taking care of her.

She is outdoor cat – not because I want her to be outside but she doesn’t want to be inside of the house until she notice that grandma is gone :( She is getting older and she is stressed all the time.

I can’t help her with some ordinary remedies and tips, so I have to try some medications. Maybe they will help her.

What are the best medications for stressed, older cat?

Hey there Turtle.

I am really sorry to hear this :/ I know how you feel because I have two older dogs and I am scared for them :/ I am scared that I will lose them one day.

About your cat, well cats in that age are really sensitive and stressed even if they don’t have any reason. Everything bothers them.

There are several medications for this condition but you need to ask your vet is it ok to use them.

I am for benzodiazepines and monoamine. But you need to keep in your mind that once you gave those medication to your cat, you will need to give them to her for the rest of cat’s life.

Hey everyone. I had this situation with my cat. I was refusing to give her medications. I was making her chamomile tea, I was playing some relaxing music to her… I was sure that this will be helpful because I am against medications. I mean, I was. I went to consult my vet. He prescribed diazepam and alprazolam for my cat. He told me that I need to be patient. You will also need to wait several weeks before you see some result in your cat’s behavior. After two weeks my cat was better, much better. Good luck.

Darling, it is not your fault. In so many cases you can’t do a lot of things about it. That is just happening when your cat is getting older. They usually become very grumpy and stressed all the time. Usually, for no reason. It is very hard to calm them down with some natural remedies so people usually give them some medications. Even if I am a little bit against chemistry, I have to admit that those meds really can help your cat to live nice life. And to be stressed less, of course. But you can try the sentry calming collar. It helps cats to get rid of some stressful situations such as separation anxiety, other cats, older age, etc. It is not expensive and you can order it online.

Hello everyone. I don’t know that much about older cats since I don’t have them. But somehow my mom always adopts senior cats and she is having those problems. She just doesn’t want to deal with kittens lol :) She is against medications and she is telling me that natural remedies are the best choice.

She told me that herb Valerian is good and that this plant can make your cat very calm. She will sleep a lot and she will be well rested.

This herb is used for humans as a remedy for insomnia and it has pretty much the same effect for cats.

I believe that it is worth of trying.