Hi, in the last couple of years I have a panic fear of dying, especially when I’m trying to fall asleep. I can’t stop thinking about the worst possible situations and scenarios that never happened. I keep torturing myself night after night, and I don’t want to live like this anymore! Am I alone with this problem?

No, you’re not! I was surprised when I was reading this, because it seamed as if you were describing me. I don’t remember the last time I slept well. The panic about dying is unreal, and I know that, but I can’t escape it. I decided to visit a doctor because I want to live a normal life, and not to let some unreal fears destroy it! The panic attacks usually last several hours. They could be caused by biological or psychological factors, or by some traumatic experience. In my case, I guess it’s biological factor that caused this condition, because both of my parents are anxious. I used some antidepressants, like zofolt, but it didn’t really help me. It is easier to know that you’re not alone with this problem. I am here with the same issues, and there are unfortunately many of us who have panic fear of dying.