I am diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. Those who had it know how stressful it can be. It is very hard to suffer from muscle tension, impaired concentration, feeling of being on edge and insomnia. I have noticed that I am starting to drink too much to relieve the anxiety. I dont want to create another problem. I want to attack my anxiety. I want to make it disappear. Any advice?

First I want to congratulate you on your decision, strong will and capability to recognize the problem. a combination of pharmacologic and psychotherapeutic interventions is most effective in Gad, but complete symptomatic relief is rare. There are longer lasting agents such as diazepam or flurazepam and shorter acting compound such as alprazolam and oxazepam. You know, of course, that you must not mix those drugs with alcohol! Good luck.