Hello, there. I am studying chemistry and I must admit that whenever I go to an exam, I feel nausea and sometimes even vomit. I think this is all on my psychological basis. I am thinking even visiting a doctor since this is interfering with my regular functioning. Has anyone been diagnosed with stress-related nausea?

Hello. In my opinion, all diseases come from one’s head. Stress is a powerful risk factor for all serious diseases. I also went through my studies with nausea and headaches before every exam. I am not sure that there is exact diagnosis which is called stress-related nausea. In stressful situations, sympathetic nervous system is hyperactive. You should try to suppress it by using propranolol. Of course, if you have a low blood pressure, you shouldn’t take it since it will lower it. We don’t want you to collapse on you exam. You can even seek a help from a doctor or a psychiatrist. Maybe they can recommend you other techniques for relieving from stress.

.."all diseases come from one's head" !?!?

.."try to suppress is by using propranalol"?!?!

Are you KIDDING!?!

As a nurse I find this person's post to be absurd and negligent. Yes, stress can absolutely cause nausea and vomiting. But don't disregard other possible causes like gastritis, ulcers, food reactions/allergies and even pregnancy. In this case while it sounds like anxiety is the main cause of the nausea to decry all diseases as 'head-based' is lunacy.

Also, is a serious cardiac medication and is NOT the first line treatment for anxiety based nausea. Relaxation techniques and other non-pharmacological methods are however the best approach.

I hope whoever wrote the original query has sought advice from a more responsible source. Good luck!

The reason I am posting here is because I have the same thing going on basically and am looking for an answer.
Whenever I get asked out on a date my stomach turns on me and I have the feeling I have to vomit, same goes with other exitement/stress/anxiaty related things happening in my life (like exams and such).

And as I have found out after a year of severe nausea on a day to day basis that any medication I have taken did not work and that the nausea is caused by something psychological (this being the death of my closest friend) which triggered me being hypersensitive to stress and stress anything that can cause stress.

I basically tried it all, from small doses of Domperidon to high doses of Prednisolon.

I am now seeing a psychiatrist though and I feel that it is helping, he helped me realise that the nausea is caused by the overload of emotions that came over me and still do even a year after the accident.

In most cases, laying down helps but there are times where I REALLY want something and push on and in which case I have to vomit uncontrollably.
I've been dealing with this for quite some time now, and your problems have probably also been triggered by something life-altering.
You need to understand the problem you are facing and try to fix it, but you will need outside help, at least I needed it...

But I did have a gastroscopy done, and it sucks but only after I had that done was I sure that it was someting psychological.

I hope I helped you out in any way, and if you KNOW for a FACT that you're not "normally" sick, dont get a gastroscopy because they hurt haha.

Holy sh*t..I have the same problem too.Especially when i go out to dates,or some girl related thing is going on...this really sucks.But i`m glad that i`m not the only one..

Cheers!

I know this is a really old post but I have the exact same problem. Any solutions? This is messing up my life, any help would be appreciated..