Hello, folks. I have been hearing some positive things about biofeedback lately. Some people managed some diseases with this technique. I wonder if it can be helpful against stress. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thank you in advance for answering to my post.

Hi, there. Biofeedback is a technique that belongs to alternative medicine. It measures quantifiable body functions and makes such information available to the patient. Those functions would be: heart rate, skin temperature, blood pressure, muscle tension and the activity of sweat glands. In this way, patient’s awareness can be raised and make some control over body functions. It is like a patient becomes aware of his body functions that he was unaware before. There is a response from autonomic nervous system. I think it can be used against stress as well. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, guys. I think that biofeedback is in fact very handy when it comes to the diseases that are stress related. Stress is an important part of our lives. We cannot avoid it. However, we must learn to deal with it. Of course, biofeedback is not a miracle. It is only a tool in patient’s hand. He/she must learn how to use this tool. I recommend you to find and consult a biofeedback specialist. Good luck!

Hello, everyone. I think that biofeedback is an interesting tool in fighting against stress. In this method, an apparatus is measuring a certain body function. It can be skin temperature, hear rate or muscle tension. A person gets this piece of info. The numbers are increased if a person is exposed to stress. I am not sure about the details. You should really consult an expert about this. I hope you’ll find something more. Bye!