I had a large (3cm) fibroadenoma and a smaller one removed from my left breast 15 years ago. One of them grew back, in the same place within a year. when i called the doctor he asked if I was under stress--I was getting a divorce with two small children, I was. She said it was common for them to return with stress. Now I am having a shooting pains, first on my left breast and days later, am having them on my right. In both cases it is on the side of the breast, about 4 inches down from the arm pit. I have heard these kinds of pains can be related to fibroadenomas. I have had my annual physical within last month. My doctor did thorough breast exam and found no irregularities. I am post menopausal, healthy and active woman.

Hi KB1, I'm sorry to hear that you are under a lot of stress and that it's possible that what you have is a fibroadenoma. I think that what you should do regardless of whatever we suspsect it is is see a doctor as soon as possible so that you can take care of this as soon as possible. Please take care and I hope that you are doing well. Are you able to see a doctor soon so that you can get one removed as soon as possible? keep us posted. Thanks again!