Which people are affected with work related stress? It seems to me that very occupation is stressful in some way. We re all under some level of pressure and we can’t handle it all the time. I noticed that I became more nervous that I was before since I got this new job.

Work related stress, once thought of as an illness of the high- powered executive, confined to the four walls of the boardroom or an illness of the weaker members of society. It was fallacy then and a fallacy today. It can strike at all types of people in all types of trade and nobody has immunity to its effects. In fact work related stress is the second highest cause of occupational ill health. It has physical effects, behavioral, emotional, but all stress is not work related, domestic difficulties, matrimonial problems, financial pressures and bereavement can all contribute to stress levels, but working arrangements can become a contributory factor in the progression of the illness if not checked.