Please can you advise if any research has been carried out regarding gallstones caused by stress

very interesting that someone else is looking for the answer to this question...i had gallstones/gallbladder removed after a very stressful pregnancy/first year of baby and am convinced that there is a link...i am very curiousabout research in this area

I glad to see the question raised, but disappointed that there has been no information to be found.

I may have gallstones due to work related stress, but find no evidence that the 2 may be related, even though I feel sure the stress has been a catalyst for this illness.

Hallo,
Gallstones can’t be caused by stress. Stress can have many implications in your life but you can’t get gallstones directly from stress. Gallstones are deposits that form in your gallbladder and they can vary in size and shape. They can be caused by cholesterol and bilirubin. There are more causes of gallstones like diabetes, liver cirrhosis, abnormal function of gallbladder or problems with bone marrow.
All these conditions can be affected by stress and they can be worse if your stress is at high level so the good thing is to find a underlying cause of creation of gallstones in your gallbladder and treat it. Then it will be much easier to resolve your gallstones.

I hope this helped.