Last week my 8 year old daughter fell and hit her head. She had no symptoms of contusion but we took her to hospital. Doctors sent her to x-ray and saw something. Because of this "something" they decided to keep her there. After some other tests, that have been done, doctor come up with arachnoid cyst diagnosis. Is she supposed to have fever beside this?

Arachnoid cyst is an inherited disease. It is a collection of liquid under the arachnoid membrane of the brain. The arachnoid membrane is one of third membranes between brain and skull. This condition can be detected by chance, like it was in yours' daughter case or in time when symptoms are presented. Fever is not the symptom of this condition. Maybe she has some kind of infection beside hers arachnoid cyst.

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking Arachnoid cysts are cerebrospinal fluid covered by arachnoidal cells and collagen. I think that exact cause of the cysts is unknown but doctors think that this can occur if there is a fracture that might cause tearing of the arachnoid membrane. I think that she needs a surgery in order to treat this condition. I think that there needs to be some drainage of the cysts which is done by needle aspiration. I think that your doctor can explain more about the procedure that will help your daughter. I hope that she will get better and that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco