Hello! I suspect my daughter is having an eating disorder. She usually refuses to eat with the family, she is never hungry and she goes to the toilet after the meals. I noticed she has lost few pounds but she says she needs to take off few more since she is fat. I plan to take her to the doctor. What doctor treats eating disorder?

Hello! You can take your daughter to her doctor first. He will talk to her and perform certain examinations. He will also arrange a meeting with the psychologist and they will then decide on further steps. Eating disorders are always investigated by quality health professionals and supported by nutritionists. Team work of various specialists always brings the best results.

Hallo,
How old is your daughter? If she is in her puberty this is something that is not rare in now days children and many girls think that they have problems with too much weight. In many cases this is just a temporary stage but if this condition is prolonged you should try to find help from a professional. If I am not mistaking all of this is just caused by her brain so she might need help from psychologist. Have you noticed any depression symptoms in your daughter in past period? Sometimes there can be an onset of anxiety disorder as well. You should try to talk to your daughter first and try to get to her before you need to see a professional.