I ditto the same response. I was diagnosed this past week with a pineal cyst in my pituitary gland which is considered small, but I experience chronic headaches, fatique, pain all over my body, etc. I received the same response from the neurologist when he said that it is too small to cause headaches. I, do, however, take Wellbutrin every day to keep the saratonin up in my brain which does help the headaches but not much else. I oten think that I am the only one who needs to rest during the day or my body aches like crazy. Has anyone found any answers?

Hi Pmork,

This is a common condition in many people around the world. They are benign lesions and they are deep in the brain. Usually doctors don’t operate on them because most of them don’t cause much trouble. However you symptoms do sound very serious. I think it would be a good thing for you to find another neurologist and seek for second opinion. Do you have any problem with your vision? Optic nerves can get impaired from this condition. If you are having headaches that means that cerebrospinal fluid is not flowing properly. This may cause hydrocephalus. You can get this diagnosed on the MRI.

How do you sleep? Are you experiencing any problems when you sleep?

I found out yesterday my cyst is 10mm and i have fell twice, lost all taste for three months now and Im sick everyday my blood pressure has dropped, constant ringing in ears. Ive had lots of tests done and the last one was the MRI only because Ive had no taste for months. Had I not called to check on the results I would not have know my doctor just signed off on it and didnt even think it nessasary to call me.

I was wondering how you are doing? I'm positive my daughter's pineal cyst is the cause of her problems she has had since age 12 in 2006. Her neurologist shrugged it off and nothing also. We are now getting it reevaluated. Her main issue is life altering fatigue which also causes mood issues and irritability as she never feels well. However, she also has frequent headaches, memory issues, dizziness, occasionally facial tics and various weird issues over the years.

This is happening to me right now - endocrinology mentioned it in passing gp then told me all clear (sec) then saw another gp as mri was for a whole host of neuro symptoms inc memory issues and he's refered me found out yesterday kind of relieved I now know what's causing all my headaches nausea dizziness falling etc

I was wondering if anyone has found answers, or received treatment for this?

There was an incidental finding of a 7mm pineal cyst, on my last MRI. The MRI was obtained, due to increasing intractable migraines, and onset of vision issues (bilnd spots, night blindness, "ghost images"), and the feeling of pressure in my head, face, and neck. However, my neurologist did not attribute any of this to the cyst. They only diagnosed me with ocular migraines.

I have also had extreme, unexplained, nausea and vomiting, for about the last 8 months or so. I had an EGD, which didn't show anything clinically significant. Tried several nausea meds, along with GERD meds. Nothing has helped.

The past 2 to 3 months, I have also had vertigo, which is also not relieved be meds.

I have PCOS, and narcolepsy, which were both diagnosed many years ago. Both treated aggressively, but no relief.

I know that 7mm is extremely small, and should not be symptomatic. However, how could all of my symptoms (diagnosed, and undiagnosed), not be related? Why can't they find any clinical reason for the nausea, vomiting, vertigo, pressure, etc?!

Maybe I am reading too much into it.....but it's super frustrating!