Can somebody tell me what is choroidiphexus cyst for that is what my unborn baby was found to have on its brain – yesterday I had an ultrasound test –I am now almost 21 weeks pregnant and this was my regular ultrasound test and besides this choroidiphexus cyst my gin told me that he sees only one vein and one artery instead of two in my baby's cord and now I am scheduled for amniocentesis. I am terrified now especially regarding this choroidiphexus cyst- I am worried if this could be something serious. Thanks bunch!

Hello! I don't think you should be worried over this that much –I was also shocked when I was told in 20 week of pregnancy that my baby has this choroidiphexus cyst but I was explained this condition almost never causes no further complications for in fact this choroidiphexus cyst is actually the part of the cerebrospinal fluid produced by the choroid plexus which is the brain part in order to protect the brain so it simply sometimes happens these cyst are growing rapidly along with producing this cerebrospinal fluid but-at least it was my baby's case-it usually disappear on its own. And as for this other problem I think that the lack of one artery couldn't cause any serious problems but you better have this amniocentesis just to check up on your baby anatomy-in sense if it is all ok regarding its congenital abnormalities especially its heart, skeletal, muscles and kidneys.