Where exactly arachnoid cysts may be situated? A friend of mine was diagnosed areachnoid cyst, after he had developed severe seizure attacks and persistent headaches. Please tell me what is the prognosis for persons with this diagnose? I think that he wasn’t suggested to have surgery, just got some medications. Post if you have information about arachnoid cysts. Thanks.

Aracnoid membrane is situated on the cover of the brain and spinal cord. These cysts are sacs of spinal fluid that develop on arachnoid membrane. Cysts are treated symptomatically. So surgical treatment may not be necessary, but it depends on size on location of the cyst. With proper treatment, most persons with arachnoid cysts do well.

stonecipher wrote:

I run

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

and you are more than welcome to find more info there. ~Catherine

Arachnoid cysts vary widely in size and location.

I have a LARGE arachnoid cyst that takes the entire left side of my head. It was discovered when I had a seizure out of the blue. I've been on Dilantin since and have had no problems in 25 years.