My 8 year old had a MRI in the summer of 2007 for early growth and a 1 cm pineal cyst was found.The neuro-surgeon said it was nothing they will keep a eye on it for a couple of years and then just let it go.In December of 2007 she started to get dizzy spells that would get so bad it would make her so sick to her stomach she could not eat.Then headaches started the doctor still said no worry.The spells would come and go last for a day or 2 and then she would be fine.She is now on 21 days of being dizzy and sick to her stomach.The dizziness had her hospitalized for 3 days,she has lost balance and fallen,she had a MRI done and in a matter of 5 months from the last MRI several more cysts have developed in the pineal bed.I am not a doctor,but I fail to see how any of this is not related.And it sounds like I am not the only mother experiencing similar symptoms and the same thing being said by doctors about thier child.Tests are still being done,but I still think it is all senseless and the problem is right in front of thier faces.

Our 8 year old daughter started having problems with her left eye turning in mid February 2008. This has pretty much stopped but then 1 month ago she started fainting. She has fainted 8 times in the past 5 weeks (6 times in less than 3 weeks). ECG, echocardiagram etc all normal. She had an MRI and it shows a pineal cyst. Neurologist says there is good flow around the cyst but he still wants to follow up. Daughter is also having more headaches than usual and upset stomach. When she faints there is no warning, she just drops flat on her face.

I have an 18 year old daughter with very similar symptoms and doctor suggesting the same. I think the doctors need to research more...this is all too coincidental...have you done anything in the last couple months?

my ten year old is always dizzy and has bad headaches which causes her to vomit. I'm getting a little worried since you have a concern about your eight year old.the doctors tell me the same and it does not sound right.

MY NEIGHBOR GIRL WAS 13 AND COMPLAINING OF HEADACHES SO BAD THAT SHE WAS SICK.. HAD MRI-NOTHING WAS FOUND,. STILL HAD BAD HEADACHES AND WAS THROWING UP, FINALLY ONE DAY HER EYES STARTED MOVING AROUND FUNNY AND THEY TOOK HER STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL. THEY RUSHED HER SURGERY WHERE THEY FOUND A TUMOR, .... IT WAS CANCER. THEY LOOKED AT THE FIRST MRI AGAIN AND FOUND THAT THERE WAS A SMALL TUMOR THAT THEY MISSED. IT HAD GROWN VERY LARGE. THE DOCTORS DIDNT THINK THAT SHE WOULD MAKE IT. FIVE YEARS LATER AND SHE IS NOW IN COLLEGE.

Hi, I have the same concerns . I am at the children's hospital as I speak with my 7 year old daughter. She has an arachnoid cyst pushing on her left temporal . Doctors say lets keep monitoring it , yet my daughter keeps complaining of dizziness, headaches, and nauseas . Her cyst measures 3cm and although doctors say it isn't big to be causing her symptoms . I have taken her to an opthamalogist and an E.N.T specialist , they said everything looks normal. So now the E.NT. referred my daughter to have an E.N.G on Wednesday . We are waiting to see the results to be able to discard that . I feel like all her symptoms are caused by the cyst, but I got informed that if they operate pieces may remain there and then she would have to have a drainage her brain. I don't feel comfortable with that because I don't want her to feel disabled . Basically, what I asked was if they can recommend anything that can control these episodes of these symptoms. So they are going to give me medicine and they also told me that by giving her Benadryl believe it to not helps.

does anyone have an update on this.  we were just told our son has two Arachnoid Cysts. one on each side of the brain and on much larger.  Did your doctors specialize in Arachnoid Cysts?

Thank

Hi I know this an old post but I am desperate for some answers , My 8 year old has been home in bed now 18 days with pressure pain in her front of her head , she is always dizzy and nauseous. we have had her at sick kids , and seen a pediatrician , ENT , neurologist. We did do a MRI yesterday just waiting on results , She wont even sit up to eat , but she is eating . I am so frustrated and feel helpless for her. Did you ever get an answer for your daughter ? I hope she is well now .