We just found out through an ultrasound that our 10 mos old baby girl appears to have a cyst in her brain and will need a MRI to confirm. Have any of you had a similar kind of experience? We don't really know much about how common this may be. Please help.

my little girl who will be 4 in august was diagnosed with a brain cysts when she was about about 8 months old she is doing good she goes every 5 months for check up and has mri and cat scans ill keep you in my prayers it is tough but it helps to have otheres to talk to

Hi there,
I know of the condition that is called Choroid plexus cyst. Have you heard about this? Has your doctor mentioned this as the problem that your toddler has? The fact is when a fluid-filled space is seen in the choroid plexus during an ultrasound, it is called a choroid plexus cyst. If I am not mistaking there is no known reason for this to occur. Good facts however is that this is not harmful to the baby. I am not also sure what is the proper treatment so you will have to find more information about this. When are you having the ultrasound? I hope that this helped you a bit.

All the best,
Danella