My mother is 78 years old. She has been diabetic for last 20 years, but successfully has controlled it with medications. In the mid time she got hypertension, probably due to kidney damage. Doctor added avapor to her therapy. It is something like medication for high blood pressure for diabetics. Please give me more information about this drug. She feels better now, but has to continue with avapor.

I guess that you are thinking about avapro, that is antihypertensive medication. It is actually drug that is given especially to patients with diabetes type 2 that developed kidney hypo- function and hypertension. I have been on avapro for last two years, and it really stopped progression of damage of my kidneys, that normally follows diabetes. Avapro belongs to group of angiotensin 2 receptor blockers. It prevents constriction of blood vessels that leads to kidney failure and high blood pressure.