My father was recently diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. As I understood, this is condition that can not be cured ant the process of further kidney deteriorating could only be slowed down. This entire situation was very stressful for all of us, the only calm person was my father, who, it appears so, embraced the fact that he will be living with a serious illness. Anyway, doctors prescribed some kidney medications, and I would just like to know how they work, how they help him.

Unfortunately, the pathological process in his body is really not removable, medicaments can only slow it down for a while. Some of them are used for controlling your father's blood pressure (beta blockers, diuretics, calcium channel blockers, angiotensin II receptor blockers). Other we use for eventual complications that might occur (erythropoietin for anemia, ACE inhibitors for heart failure).