I am suffering from hypertension for over than ten years now and somehow I get used to it.
I am 55 years old. Problems with hypertension are present in my family for hundred of years so genetic factors were crucial.
You see, hypertension is a very specific disorder. No meter how you look good or feel good, you must never forget your primary disease because there is hi possibility of developing a stroke. My father died from a stroke in his 50. year of life.
I used several medications for my disease but after a while your body becomes immune on it so you must keep changing it.
Recently I heard of some new drug on market called Benicar.
Did anybody used it and what are the side effects?

Well, I can tell you that Benicar is not such a new drug in the market.
I’m using it for over than five years now. I’ve also been changing my medication over and over but after I started to use Benicar, my recurrent changing of medications became ancient history.
Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), such as Benicar, are a type of hypertension medication, that protect blood vessels (arteries and veins) from harmful effects of angiotensin II, a natural substance that can cause high blood pressure.
There are two Benicar products, simple Benicar and Benicar HCT.
Benicar lowers blood pressure by blocking the angiotensin II receptor. It also interrupts the release of the hormone, which causes salt retention and increased blood volume.
Benicar HCT combines BENICAR with the diuretic (water pill) hydrochlorothiazide for additional blood pressure lowering.
Of course, it has some minor side effects like possible kidney failures and dizziness but they occur only when over-dosed.