I was diagnosed hypertension 5 years ago, but as it was mild I didn’t get the therapy. I got suggestions to lose on weight, change some of my nutritional and life habits, to quit smoking and exercise more. As I decided to follow these advices, I managed to get back on normal blood pressure. But 2 months ago, when had routine control, it has been shown that my disorder progressed and led to congestive heart failure. I have started with telodipine. I’m 55 years old, male. This diagnosis scared me, because I was sure that my disorder was well controlled, but now I’m seriously sick.

Well, you didn’t get therapy first time when you were diagnosed hbp, and this happened. Hypertension is asymptomatic and progression of hypertension is asymptomatic too. Felodipine is medication that is prescribed for treatment of congestive heart failure and also can keep blood pressure controlled. I have been on felodipine in last 3 years. It can cause swelling of ankles and feet, because of the effect that has on blood vessels, arteries exactly, because it almost has no effect on veins. Felodipine belongs to class of calcium channel blockers. I understand how scared you may be, but it is not uncommon that persons at our age suffer chronic disease and use medications. I’m sure you’ll feel much better soon. Just take felodipine exactly as your doctor prescribed you.