I was diagnosed middle ear acute infection. I got prescription for biacin. Please tell me something about this drug. What type of antibiotics does it belong? I’ve never used it before, and never had middle ear infection before too. What are your experiences like? Thanks.

It’s actually biaxin, an antibiotic related to erythromycin. I used biaxin XL, which is extended release form, when had sinus inflammation. You should take it with food, because that way it is better absorbed. I experienced nausea but without vomiting while was on biaxin. Just be sure not to miss the dose and take the drug as long as your doctor prescribed you to.

I was prescribed Biacin for multiple infections (sinus, ear, eye and bronchial). I have been on it for eight days now, and while I feel better, I still have the bronchitis - tough stuff to get rid of. However, you definitely cannot take this stuff on an empty stomach, and the only side effect I have experienced (because I religiously read the instructions) is the metallic taste in my mouth so I have to keep sucking on cough drops.