HI, I have sinus infection and need an efficient medication. My brother used Avelox when he was sick last time. It is very effective antibiotic. Can I use Avelox for sinus infection?

Hi, I was prescribed Avelox for sinusitis last winter. So, I guess you can try it, if there are no complications like you are allergic to the drug. If bacteria are not resistant, it will do the work . Avelox contains antibiotic moxifloxacin , which is highly active against many different bacteria. It is used in treatment of acute bacterial sinusitis, acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, and community-acquired pneumonia. Avelox has also been proven effective in the treatment of Infections of skin and skin structures and intra-abdominal infections caused by certain bacteria are successfully healed with Avelox.

After a nasty bout with early spring allergies, I subsequently had an ear infection. I was prescribed Avelox 400mg X 10 days with no side effects. It worked great for me!

I'm on avelox for a sinus infection from a cold. I'm experiencing mild nausea and diarrhea.