I was just blowing my nose, and a lot of mucus came out, no big problem there, but it was almost a dark orange color is that bad?

Hi! I have never heard of orange mucus but I get a lot of mucus with bloody tinge when some of the blood vessels break if I blow too hard. Maybe your green mucus has mixed with the blood from the broken vessel and resulted in orange color when it went out.

I am just assuming I can’t say for sure. Is this the first time it happened to you?

I happen to have orange urine, and my doctor told me that this is a sign that I am not getting enough liquid, nothing else.

Hmmm...scary coincidence. I just had the same myself and was searching for an explanation on the net. I have never seen anything like it.

It was really fluid, almost like water and it was all orange. Like an orange.

Does anyone know what this is a symptom of?

Same here. This first happened to me about a year ago. It is very strange. It is an orange/brown color and is like water. I have no clue what it is.

I have been experiencing the exact same symptoms for about 5 days. The stuff is the color of egg yolk or orange juice. It began as a very thin discharge from one nostril, although I was extremely "stuffed up". I also had a fever for 2 days. I was told I had a sinus infection, and started taking Avelox. The Avelox did nothing, so I was prescribed Levaquin today. I began taking that this morning.

If all of you are still alive, I guess I can relax a little.

So...???

could be sinus infection , if you smoke it could be nicotine dischrged in mucus, thats what happend to me when I used to smoke

Yeah, I recon it's either a sinus infection or an ear infection. If you are feeling a little dizzy then you know it's inner ear infection which also affects your sinuses. But don't worry this is normal. Sinusitis is the worst because it keeps coming back, again and again. I am taking antibiotics just in case. But what you realy need to do is also get yourself some anti-oxidants, green tea and keep warm. Decongestants may also work, never tried, but you don't want to dry your sinusus out.

I have the same problem.

It was very watery at first but now it is very thick and bright orange.

Does anyone know why it is orange?

Is it a bacteria or a fungus?

Thanks

I just experienced the same thing two days ago and haven't come across anything helpful online. . . I'm thinking perhaps it was fluid from the "stuffed-up" ear canal that began to drain. It was very much like the color of ear wax yet it was watery. Hmmmm. . .

I have found online that scuba divers experience this. . . and I just got off an airplane. Maybe it has something to do with altitude/pressure on the ears?

it happened this am very orage or cooper coloured very thin fluid though but alot,i just have had this cold for about two weeks now..i am so done with this

Goodness. I got this today. Totally watery, not snotty at all and bright orange like orange juice.

I don't smoke. I did have a cold about a week ago, so this might related to this.

It just runs out of my nose without warning. It's watery to sniff (not that I want to, but might need to if in the company of others!

I went looking on the net because the yellow/orange fluid from my nose just happened tonight and I got scared that maybe it was puss from something inside my nasal or sinus cavity. I believe, after reading the other posts that more than likely it is sinus drainage (yes, I have had a cold for several days now) or some sort of drainage from the ears. I have NEVER experienced anything like this so I was really scared at first tonight. I'm so glad that even though I don't know for sure what it is, I know I'm not the only one who experienced it.

I've had the same problem. It started earlier today with a watery discharge from my right nostril. It comes and goes, seems to occur longer if I blow my nose when it happens. It's happenned several times today. Should I do something about this or right it off as normal. I did just have some sort of virus I'm getting over. I stopped showing symptoms except for a slight cough and being just a little stuffed up the last several days, barely even noticable.

Hi, I have experienced the same problem just today and also conceened as first time. Did you find out what the cause was. It feels like it could be from the sinus but just one side for me. Would be very interested to know if you found anything else out about the symptom. thanks. Harry

Hi, This just started yesterday for me. So I have had it 2 days now. It doesn't happen everytime I blow but most times. Looks exactly like orange juice in color (bright orange!). The consistency is thin but slimy (not thick like usual infections). Funny thing is I just got over a sinus infection for 2 weeks and took antibiotics. I feel much better now and Im all cleared up but this stuff is scary. Did anyone have a doc evaluate this? Just wondering what they said. Please share. Thanks. There doesn't seem to be much on net about this. Only this forum.