I have mucus in my lungs which turned out to be due bronchitis. I don’t smoke and I have had such problems before. I was wondering what can be cause of this? My symptoms were coughing spells accompanied by thick phlegm and breathlessness. Thanks.

Maybe you have acute bronchitis which viral infection, rarely bacterial. Often Industrial pollution is culprit or if you work as coal miner, grain handler, metal molder, and you are continually exposed to dust, witch irritates the bronchial tubes and causes them to produce excess mucus.

I've had a cough for two months now ..I have taken every antibiotic possible. From amoxicillin, biaxin, leavaqin etc but nothing helped. I am also experiencing shortness of breath along with pain in my throat. Every Doctor that I've seen have said something different. From laryngitis,oral thrush to brochitis. This cough is keeping me up at night and I am spitting up white mucus. Doctor's think it's just a viral infection because I am not showing any signs of a feve.Howver I'm just wondering why has this cough lasted so long,and causing breathing problems?

I also have a question. In November of last year, I started to have some breathing trouble. At first I had problems catching my breath. After several days of that I ended up with a fever, sever coughing...just VERY ill. I took antibiotics, 2 rounds, and it did not quit. I then was given steriods. I got somewhat better, however, it is September of the next year, and I still am having problems with coughing, mucus, and also my vocal cords. I am a singer, and my range is smaller now. I screatch out on notes I know I could hit before. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Or at least give me hope on this going away?

I'm not a Doc,

Just a victim of the same issues!
Upper Respritory Infections (cold viruses) could cause a flair up of athsma, which could extend the cough for months after the initial illness has presented itself. Rescue inhalers, such as Albuterol or Proventil could help loosen up the mucous in the lungs and help clear your lungs for better breathing during acute attacks. Flovent is a corticolsteroid inhaler, a safe and effective long term inhaler (use twice a day, every day) which will prevents the frequency or decreases the breathing issues and your need to depend on rescue inhaler. It helps keep your lung function more stable.

Chronic issues such as throat clearing, mucous in throat, scratchy voice, this could be related to acid reflux or GERD. Many experience GERD and do not have heartburn, just the issues you've described above. GERD could also affect your lungs, causing athsma-like symptoms (cough, crackle at exhale, breathlessness feeling). You may want to see a GI doctor and get an endoscopy and/or try some Prilosec. You could get it over the counter or prescribed. Take it before breakfast then again before dinner. Try not to eat 3 hours before bed. Avoid chocolate, caffeine, garlic, fatty foods and other foods that would exacerbate symptoms.
If that helps you will learn the cause of your issue. If not, Try the Ear Nose and Throat Doctor, could be another type of issue that needs to be addressed.

Drink lots of warm fluids, if you are in extremely dry heat that could make symptoms linger. Also extreme fluctuations of temperature and climate (too damp, too dry, too hot, too cold).
Best of Luck!!!

Mary and all, first read my testimonial at this link and start treatment at once. You be be amazed at the permanent results you get in a very short time with spending anything much at all. Thats for sure. Thanks. Alvin.

Mary and all, first read my testimonial at this link http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1978293 and start treatment at once. You be be amazed at the permanent results you get in a very short time with spending anything much at all. Thats for sure. Thanks. Alvin.