Hello there, I am 34 years old female and I am sick right now. Bronchitis is my problem. Can you tell me how long bronchitis lasts? It is really not fun being sick all the time. I know that you won't be able to tell me exactly but any answer will do. Thank you in advance for every answer you give me.

Well, acute bronchitis usually lasts 10 or 11 days. This is the answer and I don't know what else to tell you. Sometimes along with it goes flu or cold. It starts with a dry cough. Later it is not dry and it may last even after you are healed because bronchial tubes heal slowly. This cough may last a couple of months. That is it.

I currently have bronchitis too and it has been very disabling to say the least. I have been on Biaxin XL for 5 days now but dont feel a

great lot better. There have been a few cases about where I live and in fact one house has been quarantined!! Hope you get better soon/ :o