I came across this forum online, and perhaps someone could help me.

A few days ago my right eye started hurting at night and the next day it was very red and continued to hurt. I was concerned and went to the hospital where they prescribed some eye drops and some anti-inflamatory pills.

Today i woke up and my eye has been having some rather strong pains occasionally and also my vision is slightly blurred.

I am also very sensitive to light from my right eye, and when I come into contact with a stronger source of light my eye seems to hurt on it's whole... as though even my head hurts.

I am continuing the medication prescribed but am slightly concerned. Is this normal? or should I seek help from a professional eye doctor?

Hi Jason,

I just recently had a very similar problem that went misdiagnosed until I did my own research. It's very possible that the you have a sinus infection as I did. My symptoms included very strong headaches and migraine symptoms as well as that sensitivity to light you spoke of and blurred vision. I was eventually perscribed Erythromycin (antibiotic). I've been on it for about 6 days and have great improvements. Sinus infections can become dangerous I've been told especially when they're behind the eye area. If you can discuss getting on antibiotic ASAP... you'll feel a million times better. Hope that helps. I know vision loss is a very scary sensation. Never hurts to go and get an eye exam just to be sure as well. I did, it gave me peace of mind as they did not find anything to be 'wrong' with my eye itself. Best to rule out other problems.

Hi Jason,

I just recently had a very similar problem that went misdiagnosed until I did my own research. It's very possible that the you have a sinus infection as I did. My symptoms included very strong headaches and migraine symptoms as well as that sensitivity to light you spoke of and blurred vision. I was eventually perscribed Erythromycin (antibiotic). I've been on it for about 6 days and have great improvements. Sinus infections can become dangerous I've been told especially when they're behind the eye area. If you can, discuss with your doctor getting on antibiotic ASAP... you'll feel a million times better. Hope that helps. I know vision loss is a very scary sensation. Never hurts to go and get an eye exam just to be sure as well. I did, it gave me peace of mind as they did not find anything to be 'wrong' with my eye itself. Best to rule out other problems.

I have similar symptoms.
about 5 years Ago, I was punched in the eye.. it wasnt' so bad. Now, for about a year, I've been having mucous drainage from behind that eye, and blurry vision in that eye. Yesterday and today, I have had the most splitting headache, on just the right side. It seems similar to what you described... I just wonder,, since it is on only the frontal right side of my head. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance