Hello. I am 45 year old woman, and I would like to know something about bio-identical hormone replacement. When it is used? How it is done?

Hi. It is a new metod in HRT (Hormon Replacement Treatment). It is an adicion to HRT which can be used for treating the symptoms of menopause. Bioidentical hormones have the exact molecular structure as those made in the human body. So, the response of the body is a more natural one. When paying for it – make shure you know what is the source of the hormon.

Here is a good site for information:

You need to have a saliva test to accurately determine your current hormone levels. Call around to find a pharmacy that creates compounds and specifically bioidentical hormone creams. They can refer you to specialists to work with you to balance your hormones naturally and a doctor who will prescribe the creams. They are often covered on your medical coverage for prescriptions.

I have had success in adding progesterone (bioidentical) after an overdose of Deeprovera put me in menopause with hot flashes and depression. I'd put a little cream on every time I had a flash. This was experimental on my part as where I lived I could not get the saliva testing or a specialist that could read the results.

Now in Saratoga NY Menges and Curtis Pharmacy is an awesome source of information and they create the creams and they supply the saliva testing kits (which now have to be prescribed by a dr.)

Good luck! I hope to report success in a few months. I am 50 and had a total hysterectomy to fix a scarred uterus after an abulation (don't have an abulation).

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed