Does anyone know how long it takes for HRT/Activella, to relieve menapausal symtoms?

Hi, I don’t know about Activella but it seems that most women who don’t mind the side effects of HRT usually take the pills (or whatever form) for at least two years to get rid of symptoms like night sweats and hot flashes.

It seems as if the hormones are needed to keep the symptoms away, to control them and they may be even taken for 4 years. If you are trying to reduce the risk of osteoporosis, hrt must be taken for at least ten years. During these 10 years, a woman should be closely watched by her doctor, have annual or even (six months’) check-ups.

The follow-ups are necessary even if you have been taking the hormones for two years. When I was reading a doctor’s report, she said that she usually started to taper the hormones after two years of taking them, to see how women would react.

I ran into an info that it takes just a month for some women to get relief but it could take 6 months as well until the hormones start kicking in.

Whatever you decide to do, work closely with your doc, make sure you get all the necessary information about it’s negative effects and what they could mean for you. Good luck!