Hello. I'm middle aged woman and I would like to get some information from people who maybe have more experience then I do with this particular problem.
I have just entered my menopause period and I'm starting to suffer from some terrible symptoms that I have never had before. I'm suffering from constant hot flashes, vaginal dryness, sleep disturbances, or other bothersome side effects. I have even started feeling depressed and anxious. When I talked with some of my friend about this- they told me that they all are taking some hormone replacement therapy and that theirs symptoms are much less expressed. What should I know about this post menopause estrogen replacement therapy!

Well, I don’t understand how you didn’t know about this option earlier. Many women have started using it and everyone is pleased with the effects. You see, during fertile period, estrogen works to regulate a woman's monthly menstrual cycle and secondary sexual characteristics and also rises at different times in the menstrual cycle to prepare the body for fertilization and reproduction. But the problem is that as a woman reaches menopause, her body produces less and less estrogen and progesterone. This is causing several side effects and you have mentioned just some of them. This all could be avoided with hormone replacement therapy. I would not suggest you to take only estrogen without progestin because taking estrogen without progestin to balance the hormonal cycle may cause over-stimulation of the endometrium tissue and cause uncontrolled tissue growth which may lead to endometrial cancer.