So i am always careful when it comes to sex. A week ago today i change birth controls, in this week i have been in and out or the hospital with a high fever, the doctor gave me antibiotics, i haven't been good about taking them because they make me very sick. I took my BC and antibiotics this morning, and when i went to have sex with my boyfriend we used a condom like always and it broke, now i am worried that because i have chance bc and that i am on antibiotics i might get pregnant. he did not ejaculate inside out of my worry of having children but i am completely freaking out.

There is some possibility that antibiotics could have some effect on efficiency of birth control pill but it’s not something that is 100% sure. And even that chance depends on the types of birth control and the antibiotics. But you say that you haven’t been taking them as prescribed – not only that antibiotics aren’t effective at all in that case but also chances that they will mess with birth control almost don’t exist. And you say your boyfriend didn’t come inside you. How then could you get pregnant? It’s very reasonable to make sure you are protected, but there really is no point in you scaring yourself when there is no reason.