I have been with my boyfriend for quite some time now, we have unprotected sex but I have been on birthcontrol for like 4 years. I have been having a really hard time sleeping lately like I just lay there close my eyes and nothing happenings, therefore I am really tired throwout the day. cause I am tired I am being really moody and crying all the time for really no reason. Then today at work I pretty much had hangover symptoms at work, I work in in a restuarant and so the smell of everything was making me gag. Before vomitting I would get a really high fever, and then it would go away right after. However I haven't drank anything in a couple of days, then everybody kept asking me if I was pregnant. Came home and went to google and trying to see if it was the flu but you more so have a constent fever. And then my uterus is really sore to touch the outside and feels pretty swollen and its different then during my period. I could just be paranoid, but outside opinions would help especially with new years being in a couple days I wanna be smart about. and at the same time I am still like 5 days from my next period so don't know if it would be too soon to test or what. anything will be helpful thanks.

It’s too soon to test – pregnancy tests are reliable after your period has been late for at least a day. But I think that chances you are pregnant are so small they practically don’t exist. If you were taking birth control pills more or less regularly for four years you haven’t been ovulating for almost that long so there really was no chance to get pregnant. But, since birth control pills are in fact hormones it’s quite possible for them to be the cause of things you describe like moodiness and crying. Still may be the stomach flu that is causing nausea, but the pill might be as well. And people, well what else are they going to think for a woman your age when she is not so well, it’s always pregnancy.