Hello! I am writing to ask about the possibilities of pregnancy while on birth control. I have been on the pill for a little over a year now. I have always used this as my only form of birth control, other than pulling out (my boyfriend never ejaculates inside me) But here recently, in March, my boyfriend did ejaculate inside of me. I missed my period for the month of March and now have still not had one for the month of April. I am still taking the pills and I figured I would have a period by now. I took a hpt back in March that came out negative, but now I'm worried that it may have been too early to test. My friend got pregant while on birth control, and three women in my family have too. Should I be worried? And also, my friend that became pregnant while on birth control also said that the pregnancy hormone doesn't show in some women's urine, is this true? If I were pregant, I would have concieved on March 13, would it show on a hpt now? Any answers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

im no doctor, but i'm also in the same boat as you are. i think i concieved on the 13th of march as well.. but im not on birth control my period is just IRREGULAR and it makes it harder to tell when im going to get my next period, other then that i have been having a brownish/ pinkish discharge. they say it can also mean a sign of pregancy, i have taken over 4-5 tests and not one came up positive either i took it too early or my pregnancy hormone is not strong enough to be read when tested. well whatever answers we get from anyone who sees this its most appreciated to get some answers. if you like you can also talk to me through MYSPACE at myspace.com/tropikal_beautie my name is rosey by the way.

If it is too early in pregnancy a test will not show up positive, and you will get what is called a "false negative"..

I have been pregnant three times on birth control, have had three abortions, it is possible and does happen.

ALSO birth control can cause a missed period soemtimes in a few women, which can lead to paranoia about pregnancy

Kim. Most HPT's work at around 14 days after ovulation. If you were ovulating at the time of the intercourse or a few days after (sperm can live for several days) then a hpt in March may have been too early. You could try another one now, it should definately come up with a result

Hello.
I guess I'm kind of in the same boat as you. Well to an extent. I have been on the pill for over 6 months now and my period and everything has been regular since I started. I had sex with my boyfriend 3 days ago (which would be my ovulation time - 2 weeks prior to when I'm supposed to get my period). he did ejaculate inside of me and the scary thing is that i missed my pill that day but did take 2 pills the next day to cover my missed pill. I know it's only been 3 days since we had sex but I am having uncomfortable pains/cramps and i have a reddish brownish discharge. I hardly ever have discharge so it kind of worries me. My period isn't due for another week or so so this is freaking me out. Am I just being paranoid?

YOU Most likely did not even ovulate! I replied to your other post.. BIRTH CONTROL stops ovuation, so you do not ovulate. ALSO Your cycle changes on birth control, so technically you could never even count on when you would even ovulate while on the pill. If a woman missed 4 pills during her last week, she could ovulate... IT DOES'NT matter where you are in the pack relaistically, missing too many pills is not good.

I've been using Orthotricyclenelo for about five months now. I missed my pills on Friday and Saturday, when I realized it on Sunday, I took Fridays and Saturdays pills. Then on Monday I took Sundays and Mondays pills. Well I started to feel really sick on Monday so I decided to read the pamphlet to make sure I did it right. Well it turns out since I was on my 3rd week of pills I was supposed to stop taking that pack and start a new one which would result in my missing my period. Well now i'm worried because my boyfriend and I had sex on Sunday and he ejaculated inside of me. I tried calling my doctors office and they told me I was supposed to take all three pills on Sunday. I don't think they know what they are talking about because it does not say that on the pamphlet. Well a friend of mine said I can go to her office and she will take a blood test. But I think it will be too soon. My concern is, should I continue to take the pills until next month and see if I get my period or not? Or should I stop taking the pill? Can the pills harm the baby if I am pregnant?

YOU WOULD be too early for a test, AND NO PILLS NO NOT HARM a fetus!

YOU do not ovulate THE DAY you miss the pills..It obvioualy takes a few days for your body tor ecognize the hormone drop...

YES If you miss 3 pills you are supposed to TAKE ALL pills you missed, even if it means 2-3 in one day, then start a new pack. This is what is most commonly done.

IF you miss 4 pills, you should just take the morning after pill, to prevent ovulation, and start a new pack.

I am too in somewhat of the same boat. I've been on birth control for almost a year now and I've always taken them like I was supposed to...I've always taken the pill same time every day...but I went out of town for a couple of days to visit my boyfriend and I forgot them at home (how stupid!). I didn't take them for 2 days, then on the 3rd day when I got home I took all 3. We only had unprotected sex once, but there was no ejaculation. After I had taken all 3 pills, the next day I started bleeding but it was normal color, not dark. I bled like a normal period (5 days or so) but it was a week and a half early. Was that actually my period coming early because I took 3 pills in a day? Could I possibly be pregnant or am I being paranoid? Thanks so much!

Taking many pills at once can cause bleeding and spotting, and so can missing pills....

It would highly unlikely for you to become pregnant, especially after using 3 pills at once the day you returned.It would have been like using emergency contraception.

i was just wondering what profession carifairy was?

I think she has a few things wrong...for one thing you can get pregnant if you miss one pill. you don't need to miss more than three to be able to get pregnant.
and if you miss three or four pills, no you do not take three pills or four pills in one day!!! you're only supposed to take two pills in one day if u miss a pill until you are caught up. if you miss more than four days you should start a new pack. Taking three or more pills causes bleeding and spotting and can make you sick.

Birth Control prevent ovulation.
If you become pregnant while on birth control it means that it was not taken correctly or you need a different dose.

I am in the healthcare profession, I work in an abortion clinic and for Planned parenthood.I do need to maintain some anonymity for my own personal protection.

If you miss one pill, then you can follow the instructions given to you by the pill leaflet/doctor, and you are okay. You would not need a back-up for 7 days as long as you ONLY MISSED ONE pill, and you too it as soon as you remember. You would also need to take the next pill at you regularly scheduled time. You are still protected.

This information is available online.

YES, you are at an increased risk of pregnancy, but noone can tell a woman just how much increased risk she has.

hey! I've been on birth control for about 4 years now and never missed a day. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex about three times in one week. I'm on seasonique. Is there any chance I could be pregnant?

I've been on birth control for 4 years now. and these past months I havent missed a day. I'm on Seasonique and me and my boyfriend had unprotcetive sex twice in one week. I'm not sure if im just sick because he left, but I havent been eating and I've been nausiated throughtout the day. is there anyway... any chance I could be pregnant? or am I just stressing out because this is the first time I've been with out him and im taking it hard.