Question about the pill-

1. I understand that the estrogen and progesterone prevent the release of the egg.
2. During menstruation time, no estrogen/progesterone or low amounts promote shedding of the uterus.

Sooo...my question....during menstruation(because of lower/no estrogen/progesterone)why wouldn't there be a chance of an egg released during this time?

Thanks for any answers.

Lisa

There's something you need to understand about ALL hormonal contraceptives. There are 3 ways they work:

1. They prevent the releasing of an egg.

2. They thicken the mucus in the cervix so that it's harder for sperm to swim through.

3. IF an egg is released, and the sperm gets through anyway, and a CHILD is conceived, then the hormone also prevents the CHILD from being implanted in your uterus wall and you bleed your CHILD out during your period.

That's why I don't take any hormones anymore. Look it up or ask your doctor if you don't believe me. I believe that life starts at conception, therefore I'm not taking any chances of unknowingly murdering my child if the first two methods of the hormones fail. I just don't want to take that chance of purposely taking a hormone that will kill IF conception actually occurs.

Mind you, this instance is extremely rare, but I'm still not taking that chance.