I have a friend who started to use Adivant or Aviane pill; I am not sure about right name. Anyway, she has heard that these birth control pills will cause birth defects in an unborn baby. Now she is afraid if hormonal changes during pregnancy can have very serious negative effects on a developing baby. Can you tell me if that is case only with this brand name of birth control pills, or it is the same for every pill? I would like to know if that is dangerous to take Aviane or Adivant while pregnant.

Right name is Aviane, but mistakenly it is confused with Adivant often. That was true what your friend found out, but not just for Aviane, but each birth control pill. Beside this, there is one more problem, because hormones in birth control pills pass into breast milk. She should know it is not recommended to take birth control pills without first talking to doctor. She may not be able to take birth control pills, or she may require a lower dose. Some women require special monitoring during treatment if they have any of special conditions. Aviane, such as any birth control pill, contain a combination of hormones that is used to prevent ovulation. These pills contain a form of estrogen and a form of progesterone, which are both female hormones that are involved in conception. Aviane also have other effects that inhibit pregnancy. These pills cause the cervical mucous to thicken, which makes it harder for sperm to move toward the uterus. This prevents the attachment of an egg to the uterus.