I have heard a lot about woman’s health and her sexuality. I know how home pregnancy test works and what is needed to have a baby. I know when woman ovulate it is needed sperm to connect with it. Then zygote is ready to connect into mother’s uterus and grow up there for next nine months. However, I would like to hear some basic info about process of implantation, because I cannot understand it easy.

When female and male have sex within several days of the female's ovulation, fertilization can occur. When the male ejaculates between 0.05 and 0.2 fluid ounces of semen is deposited into woman’s vagina. Between 75 and 900 million sperm are in this small amount of semen. After this happens, they swim up from the vagina through the cervix and uterus to meet the egg in the fallopian tube, its external third. It takes only one sperm of all this huge number to fertilize the egg. About a week after the sperm fertilizes the egg, the fertilized egg is now called zygote. It has become a multicelled blastocyst, about the size of a pinhead, and it is a hollow ball of cells with fluid inside. The blastocyst burrows itself into inner lining of the uterus, called the endometrium. The hormone estrogen causes the endometrium to become thick and rich with blood, which are ready to take zygote. Progesterone, another hormone released by the ovaries, keeps the endometrium thick with blood so that the blastocyst can attach to the uterus. This must be done so zygote can absorb nutrients from it and survive. This process is called implantation, and this is some basic info about this complicated process.