Hello! I started using contraceptives a yar ago and I started with birth control patches. I have been reading that the patches are not safe as more hormones are relised straight through the blood through patches and these high levels of estrogen could harm the body. I decided to go on to ordinary bc pills and my frind told me she uses Mercette. Can you tell me a bit about these pills? Thx

From my point of view, all bc pills work the same or similar way. None of the pills is 100% effective but usually are if taken as prescribed and at the same time very day. Mircette contains two hormones: estrogen and progestin. They stop the eggs to fully develop, so that they can’t accept sperm and in this way, they stop fertilization. They also thicken cervical mucus in the entrance of the uterus and prevent sperm from reaching the egg.