I'm writing because I was wondering if this normal. I'm 35 and have 1 child, who is 4. Aprox. 2 years ago I started trying to have a second child. Well, here I am today still trying. I now see a fertility dr. who has done some routine test on me and my husband. He has found nothing out of the ordinary, except that my biopsey shows that my uterus walls produce the lining slowly that it showed. When tested, on my 22 day, the test showed that the wall of my uterus looked only 16 days old. Well they put me on progestrone suppositories, twice a day......
What are my chances of getting pregnent on these things? Do you really think this can work?

Hi! In order to easy your mind, I will explain what progestrone suppositories do.

Because your body doesn’t produce enough progesterone, your uterus lining doesn’t respond well and it doesn’t thicken enough to prepare for fertilized egg. This results in inability to get pregnant. Progesterone supplementation improves progesterone levels, enabling the uterus lining to thicken making it ready for the fertilized egg to be implanted. You will continue to take the supplements some weeks (10-12) after conception until the placenta has developed and is able to support the pregnancy.
These suppositories could make you feel nauseous, fatigue, experience breast tenderness and have delayed periods but not for long.
Don’t be alarmed if you experience discharge from your vagina. It is normal and you may want to use panty liners.

If you haven’t been found any other abnormalities, I reckon this should work. Good luck!

Is it true that you will not have your period at all while taking the progesterone suppositories and that you will need to confirm pregnancy with a blood test. My OBGYN never told me this was the case, someone that is not a doctor let me know.

If someone could clarify I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks,

KT

I have a related question - I'm 8 weeks pregnant and my doctor has prescribed vaginal progesterone (prometrium) for the next two weeks. I use them two times a day.

Is it safe to have intercourse while I'm using this?

Thanks.

I'd say yes, but use a condom.