I have been using Aviane contraceptive pills for a year. One of my friends used it almost three years and she stopped because she wanted a baby. She’s been trying to get pregnant since then…but nothing happens. She said that she might not be able to get pregnant because of Aviane. Now I’m worried too. Is Aviane reason for her problem? Is pregnancy after Aviane possible?

I think that pregnancy after Aviane is possible. Aviane pills are used to prevent pregnancy only. When you are using pills it is harder for sperm to move toward the uterus and they prevent the attachment of an egg to the uterus. The pills contain a form of estrogen and a form of progesterone, which are both female hormones involved in contraception.
You should ask her if she is been using anything else along with Aviane or in an inappropriate way.

Aviane (progestin/estradiol) should not cause any future pregnancy issues. Aviane is a drug used to prevent pregnancy by simulating a hormonal response similar to that during actual pregnancy. It causes the body to temporarily stop ovulation, and also causes the environment of the uterius to be inhabitable for implantation. The drug does this by causing the body to simulate a similar hormonal level as it would once pregnancy has occured. Once the drug therapy is discontinued, the hormone levels of the female body go back to "normal"after a very short period of time. It sounds like your friend may have had (or developed) a fertility issue not associated with the drug.