I was recently put on Yaz, and I am almost to the end of my first month's pack. I was wondering if its advisable to try and shorten my period by skipping a few of the inactive white pills? The pack I have has 7 white inactive pills, but my next months prescription pack has only 4, and I would prefer a shorter period. What are possible problems of skipping white pills, if any?

There are no problems, but you could have some irregular spotting or menstrual brownish discharge.

It is okay to shorten your placebo week =D

it may not be a good idea to skip placebo pills. i have been on birth control for a long time and i have skipped my period (purposely) twice (because i was going on vacations). the first time everything went as planned and i did not get my period during my placebo week since i went right into the next month's hormonal pills. however, about a year later, the second time i tried this trick, i ended up getting my period a week into the new pack and the period lasted for way longer than a week. so think twice before skipping placebo's! everyone's body is different, but having a period longer than usual isn't fun for any of us.

Yes, that is what I told her.

EVEN though you may bleed a lot, skipping is still not DANGEROUS or unadvised.

I skiped a week of inactive pills to have sex with my boyfriend and I have been on birth control Necon 1/35 for about 1 year and In stead of taking the inactive pills I started a new pack of birth control is that safe

YES it is safe, it is most definately not dangerous or unadvised.

I was to go on a crusie so I wanted to skip my period. I ended up not going so I stopped taking the pill. Now, my question is, do I wait for my period to start my new pack (sunday starter) or should I take my new pack of pills even though I haven't started back up..(last pill was taken tuesday...now it is saturday)

Thank you !

You can start the pill immediately, but you must use a back-up for 7 full days until the pill becomes fully effective in your system.

Is it OK to not take the white placebo's and NOT start a new pack, i.e., take nothing for those 4 days? And then start the new pack as normal?? Is it better to take those 4 pills, or are they pure sugar pills? Is their any benefit to takign them, or than staying in "the habit"?

In some brands, the placebos DO contain a small amount of hormones, simply so your levels don't crash (causing irritability, etc). I would take them, but I don't think it's necessarily the end of the world if you don't. Personally, I take them because I'm bitchy enough as it is :-P

I started yaz 24 days ago, It is my first time taking BC,
tonight I will take the last active pills,
Can I have sex without any other protection like condom from tomorrow?
Or I should take 4 inactive pills and get my period and then it will be safe to have sex without protection.
there are 24 active pills and 4 inactive pills.

Thanks

i have just started taking loestrin and i had my period for 5 days now and it has stopped but i am supposed to take the inactive pills starting tomorrow will i get my period again? can i skip the inactive pills and just go into the next pack of active?

Can i skip all of my white sugar pills and start a new pack? I've already been on my period for two weeks i'm about over it.

Can I go into a new pack to not have my period for my prom and then the day after go back and take the inactive pills to get my period

I start reclipsen and on Thursday it'll be my second month taking it ( it is Sunday) and I'm on the inactive pills but I've been bleeding for 7 days I still have three more inactive pills before I start my new pack. Will the bleeding stop?