i just had sex with my boy. i'm on birth control, BUT i JUST started the placebo period of it. i'm good at taking them everyday but not so much when it comes to the exact time everyday. i also plan on taking my morning after pill in the morning. he didn't use a condom and i think he used the withdrawl method, but i'm not sure.

those are the basic facts to my question. am i more likely to get pregnant because i'm in my placebo period of the birth control method than i would be anyother time (except when i'm actually HAVING my period)? i understand that i should be more cautious since he didn't use a condom, but my question revolves around the control method in this case.

please help me, soon.

RELAX! NO need to use the morning after pill! You are JUST AS PROTECTED during the Placebo week as you are during the rest of the month.

Regular birth control pills have MORE leeway than the 'progestin Only pills", so if you do not exactly take them at the EXACT same time it is okay. AS LONG as you did not miss days worth...

okay, but usually i start my actual period on th second day of placebo. today is that day and i havn't started it yet. should i be worried?

As long as your period happens ANYTIME during the Placebo week, then pregnancy is not so much a worry.

IF you are worried, a pregnancy test would be accurate right now.

i do understand that its a pretty good guarentee that one is not pregnant if they have their period. its just worry-some.

but thank you for your suggestion about the test. i didn't know they could be taken so early after sex.

No, but if YOU are on your period week then a test would be accurate....

YOU ovulate about 14 BEFORE A period, so IF you were going to get pregnant, it would have been from sex that happened WEEKS AGO.

BUT the pill works to STOP ovulation. SEX doe snot cause pregnancy in a few days, the whole process takes up to 14 days..