Alright, so i am 15 years old. i have been on birth control for about a year and a half now. My current boyfriend and i became sexually active a month and a half ago with condoms. when it was time for my first period it didn't start until two days of taking the period pill but then it was a normal period.

The next week my boyfriend and i had sex but it was without a condom. He went in me two times but did not cum (i wouldn't let him) and then we stopped. we have had sex probably two times since then with a new kind of condom and the night before i started the period pill he started to eat me out. He told me that it tasted like he dipped his finger in a sugar bowl and ate it. is that normal? now i am on the period pill again. I'm on the third day of the period pill with no period.

Lately, i have had A LOT of discharge that has kind of smelt and every now and then itched. but then it stopped once i started taking the period pill but starting today i have had brown discharge. I got cramps on the first day of my period pill and my breast have been sore. I'm scared that I am pregnant could that be true? Please help i have no idea what's happenning

i have the same problem as you , best thing to do is get a test done , the only way u can be 100% sure coz it mite just be ur hormones playin up

Hi Paige,

If you are taking your birth control pills exactly as instructed, then it is extremely unlikely that you are pregnant.  They are 99% effective. 

You are taking them every day, at the same time, right?  Using condoms is a bonus, it makes it even that more unlikely.

The smelly discharge can be a yeast infection.  The sugar taste and smell are both indications.  They are common in women.  It may go away by itself but you can also by over the counter medications that will help.

The "period pill" is actually a placebo.  It's more of a reminder for you to take your pill.  Sometimes your period can vary by a few days, it's normal.  You can test if you want.  I'd suggest you wait.  If you don't have a normal period in another 7-10 days then test.  Testing early, false negatives are common.  It takes time for the hormone the test looks for to rise high enough to be detected.

I don't think you are pregnant.

Hi dan! thank you so so much for all of this!
yes i am taking my pills everyday at the same time and always using condoms except that one time but no cum came out. lately it has been a new type of condom could that mean anything? about the infection should i go to a doctor or what should i do? Its the pill the makes you have a period and it has been three days. i took it friday but still nothing. is that bad? brown discharge has come out that's all and i kind of have cramps.. thank you once again!

Hi Paige,

What birth control are you taking?

Brown blood is "older" blood, as in further up.  Lots of women do have this type of discharge before their period.  It might indicate your period is coming.  A few days early or late is not a problem.  Wait a few more days (7-10) and if you don't have a normal period, test.

The new condom might contribute to the yeast infection.  Yeast infection can just happen.

Hope it helps.

i take yaz birth control.

do I have to go to the doctor about a yeast infection or can i just buy it at a store?

You can buy stuff at the store, something like Monistat or Vagisil.

Are you calling the white pills the "period pill?"

yeah the white ones!