Hi, I am in my third trimester of pregnancy. Everything is going as planned. I visit my doctor regularly and I do everything that he advisees me. However, my mind is occupied with one problem. Couple of days ago, I overheard a conversation about a condition called blood vessel tumor. The only thing that I could understand clearly was that it affects infants. Is this true? What can you tell me about blood vessel tumor?

Hi, as a mother to mother I understand your worries about blood vessel tumor. Unfortunately, my daughter suffered from this condition. Like yours, mine pregnancy was going on just great. The problem started few days after I gave birth. My child was developing red spots on her face. At first I thought that they are just some kind of allergy. The thing is that they multiplied into hemangiomas. That is benign vessel tumor. When I heard the news, I thought I was going to die. There were moments when my child couldn't even breathe. The situation was explained to me in this way. Blood vessel tumor affects infants. The cause is unknown. And the symptoms are the red spots. It can also affect airways. The good thing is that blood vessel tumor usually is not life threatening. The only case when that can happen is when it is near vital organs and then oral steroids are given. This tumor, mostly after a year, just stops growing and in time children will recover. This is what happened to my daughter also. She is now on the path of total recovery.