Hi, I am a thirty two years old woman. Beside the regular problems like flu and occasional cold, I never had any serious conditions that required assistance of a professional. Few days ago I went on my usual walk. All of a sudden I felt dizzy and I fainted. Next thing I remember, a group of people were around me and one of them was slapping my face. Then the ambulance arrived. Doctor measured my blood pressure and gave me an injection. After I recovered, he advised me to see my regular doctor for better diagnosis. He explained that I might have blood vessel dilation which causes low blood pressure. What can you tell me about this condition?

Hi, low blood pressure is also known as hypotension. The symptoms you experienced consist with it. Low blood pressure is a serious condition that is often neglected. Blood vessels dilation can cause for the blood pressure to drop down. There are many causes for the blood vessels to dilate. Many drugs that are used to treat high blood pressure can have an excessive effect and cause for the blood vessels to dilate. Because of this insufficient amount of oxygen is transferred to the organs of our body. This can have serious consequences, especially to the brain. However, since you said that you are not under any kind of treatment, blood vessels dilation may be a sign of some kind of illness. You should definitely see a doctor as soon as possible.