Hi

Whenever i vomit my face comes up in freckly like blood spots which disappear after a few days, at first i thought it was an allergic recation, but now i think it's to do with the blood rushing to my head and the blood vessels in my face not being able to cope. My face sometimes gets quite hot & if i'm wearing a tight bra strap the spots appear on the skin underneath it. Could this be anything alse than what i've described?

Just to answer your question, i recently went to the doctor for this same thing, and it is just because of the pressure from vomiting that created some blood vessels to burst. it is nothing to be really worried about, and it goes away

I had the same problem 2 and a half years ago, when I was throwing up in early pregnancy. My daughter is now nearly 2, and I still have the red marks on my face (they show more when I'm hot ie after a shower). I saw the doctor and was given a 4 month course of Erithromycin (antibiotics) which has made no difference.

What now? Chemical Peel??

I think the only way to get rid of broken vessels once you have them is with laser. It cost $300 - $400 and is done by a dermatologist. Other wise, cover with make up.

ok I threw up once, if I have these forever on my face Ill kill myself

This has always happened to me whenever I throw up, but this time, I'm really sick, and I was coughing so bad that it forced me to throw up, and now the blood vessels have left huge marks under both of my eyes. I hope this goes away soon, if at all. I can't afford laser!

I had a burst blood vessel removed yesterday it was on my nose and looked hideous. I must have put up with it for about two years thinking it would go by itself but it never, it looked as though someone had dotted my nose with a red felt tip.

I booked into an aesthetics clinic, and she cauterised it, it wasnt painful just uncomfortable and it took literally second, and it only cost £50 approx $35 it was the best £50 I have ever spent and i literally went there with it and came home without it. I could have had up to 20 of these removed off my face for £50 but I only had two.

i have a tiny white blister there now but its nearly gone. so glad I did it.

so don't worry this can be fixed you just have to find a clinic that does it, and it will not go by itself.
xxxxx

Hi friend,

I am really happy that its not only me who got this problem. your info really help me . I will go and find appropriate clinic.

Thanks.

My 5 year old son has 2 things that freak him out:  needles and cutting himself (as in, hurting himself to the point where there's a fair bit of blood) - whenever he has to deal with either of these, he gets the burst blood vessels on his face from the strain he puts his body through out of sheer fear.  Nothing to worry about, apparently.

Uuhh lol actually I don't know why you guys have to get them removed lol cuz if I lift or something and I don't breathe right or if I use alot of force to do sethig ill get blood vessels all over my face and chest and it goes away in a day or 2 I don't know why we are different but I mean I get them all the time

I recently went to the doctor due to this. After I threw up a few times I noticed this red patchiness all over my face that looked like a rash. I went to the doctor and she knew exactly what it was. Broken blood vessels  they go away within one to two weeks and there is no treatment. Only covering it up with make up. 

The broken capillaries hater vomiting started happening to me when I was 15, so every time I drank too much, pmsed too badly, had the flu, ate something weird - I tried something. The only thing that has worked for me is salt. Salt water, salt on your face, salt gets rid of anything visible to others. I try to drink a liter of salt water right after, or as soon as I can and then I put salt water and aloe on my face. I learned about this after a trip to the ER when I had been sick and got a saline IV. The red dots went away within 24 hours and opus two and two together. I feel so bad that the solution is so simple, but no one knows about it and wouldn't think to do it.

hi bent down to pick some think up next minute id got a broken blood vessel under my eye ive been told it will go it looks like a black eye ive covered it with make up hope it goes soon

Same here they go away on 2-3 days mostly with fair tones

As others have said, it is burst blood vessels (capillaries). It is one of the best ways to tell if someone has bulimia as these are much worse if you purge (force yourself to throw up) rather than it happening naturally from food poisoning or whatever. I personally have found that they generally disappear in a few days. If they don't go/reduce in a week, or they are particularly prominent it might be worth seeing a doctor or dermatologist. Hope something helps.