I was sick for past three weeks. Now I have what I think to be broken blood vessels on my face and around me eyes. How long it takes to heal? What can I do? I am 34, female.

I had problem with broken vessels on my face, so I recently got a topical gel from the doctor for my broken blood vessels. I found it interesting that your vessels appeared after an illness, because mine also! I know that there is a laser treatment for this and it is quick simple painless. Check into, but I am convinced that illness can have something to do with this problem. I have read that these vessels can indicate liver problems, but if they are truly blood vessels, vitamin K cream is supposed to be good for speeding the healing of vessels.

i am pregnant and have been told that it is normal to have broken blood vessels during pregnancy. what i don't know is how to stop it from hurting... i feel like i have a bad bruse. it hurts when i move wrong or when i am touched. anyone know of any at home treatments to relieve my pain...

Did you find an answer? I experienced the same thing today. I have had the flu for three weeks, todlay I lost my composure at work and after crying was vomiting. I am at 39 year old female.

This happens to me every time I am sick, my whole face is civered in tiny red dots. It's very annoying. I can honestly say it takes about 5 days to fully go, gradually fades away. :-(

I found this information on kidscare.com, but I think it's relevant to your question about broken vessels on your face after an illness. I too have tiny blood spots around my eyes after coughing and vomiting. This is what I found on that website.

During a bout of strenuous coughing, blood backs up into the smaller capillaries in the face. These tiny blood vessels cannot take the increased pressure and pop open producing the blood spots. The medical term for this is petechiae (pa-teak-ee-a). Newborns also may develop facial petechiae from a hard delivery. Petechiae from coughing or from the pressure during delivery are of no concern and disappear in a few days.
Petechiae can occur during certain illnesses and may be a sign of serious disease. An infection in the blood stream caused by bacteria (Meningococcus being the most dangerous) or some blood disorders can also cause these blood spots. Therefore, a child who develops petechiae should be seen by their pediatrician. The physician will check the child for petechiae elsewhere on the body and exam the youngster for other signs of illness.

Everytime I throw up I get them around my eyes. It seems to take 4-5 days for them to fade away. Anyone have any clue how to get rid of them quicker?

I have them now and am looking for a way to get rid of them faster was well. I got them from from throwing up. I am pregnant and that seems to happen often but this is the first time that I have ever ended up with the red spots. If there is anyone that can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

I am so glad to have read your posts, I have been sick & was vomiting yesterday & Found these 2 red spots on either side of the bridge of my nose & one under my left eye, I never had that happen before. Of course I have a black tie event to go to on thursday & now have these dots on my face (doesn't it always work that way - lol). I'm DESPEATELY trying to find somethign that will make them go away, so if you know anything please let me know. thank you

I am pregnant and every time I throw up I get broken vessels round my face these fade within days. Today I have thrown up and my face is covered in them under my chin and everything!!

yeah, i have it now too.
i threw up earlier, and right away i noticed my face COVERED in red spots, more heavily around my eyes. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO GET RID OF IT BY TOMORROW?
i've had this before, but a lot less than this!

I too have had this horrible experience with the broken blood vessels on my face. The first time was 2 years ago when I gave birth to my son. I had them all over my face, chest and back. This time my face has turned a red/purple color and i have red dots all over my face. What a perfect time since my bridal shower is in 4 days. Salvo, I was wondering if the vitamin k cream you talk about is available over the counter or do I need a prescription from my doctor. I'd be thrilled to hear from anyone who has any tips to get rid of this awful mess on my face.

My 11 year old son got very angry at his sister yesterday and developed tiny red dots all over his face. Could this have happened because of him getting angry? It has never happened before.

Okay, I have some answers for all of you. I hope this helps. Vitamin K as a pill or cream will speed the healing and also strengthen the vessels over time. But here's a great trick. Don't laugh too much=) The cure for a hickey applies here too. Immediately, if not sooner, apply cold, cold pressure to your face with a frosty towel or gel pack even.
I had gastric bypass surgery and ever since then I've got them pretty often like at least twice a month from vomiting. They become more frequent when I'm pregnant, as I am now with my 3rd child.
In the mean tme....and I don't mean to sound like an ad, but if you can get your hands on the Bare Minerals makeup or Covergirl Colorstay foundation, they cover GREATLY! Especially if you have a special event to attend. I'm a Karaoke show hostess and I work in a convenience store. People REALLY look at my face. Again... Hope this helps. I SO understand.

I got these under my eyes after crying (argument with boyfriend). Am hoping they're not permanent!